Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Irish Fall Festival

Down the shore at my cottage, I am never ready for the fall to arrive, because it means spending less time at my Cottage beach house and more time back at the regular homestead just across the river from the city. When summer ends it is back to normal business hours and back to school, and cool crisp days. I always have lofty ideas of sitting by the fire pit, but rarely do.



 The Irish Fall festival in North Wildwood is all it usually takes to slap me into the realization that, yes summer is over.
Below is a picture of one of the cute little cottages we walked past on our way up to the Festival. it still looks summerry, but with just a hint of Fall.

We grabbed a sandwich and an Ale in the irish pub where everyone was dressed in green and singing Irish songs.

You can tell we like our Phillies at this seashore spot!

And we strolled along to buy some of the wares at the booths, and enjoyed some bagpipers. Below is a video of the bagpipers.


As the night fell upon the festival the  booths with the shirts and jewelry closed up and went home., but the sea of green remained as the partying continued on the street and I could not resist snapping this picture reminiscent of  Abby Road

 I also couldn't resist taking this picture the next morning of the gorgeous natural green in the lighthouse gardens.  My favorite place to stroll. Still oblivious to the fact that summer is gone!


And then when I came home of course my little grandbaby made an Irish shirt look good as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)