Monday, November 21, 2011

The countdown to Turkey Day begins

I finally got my butt in gear and started getting the dining room buffet and table ready for Thanksgiving day.
I really just moved around things I had. Put bowls and pitchers I will use in an easy to reach spot on the buffet. streamlined my centerpiece so we can fit place settings.


I still have to add another table and many more chairs,  We are having 11 I think....so I will be moving more things around tomorrow!!
But I wanted to at least get started. I was going to get a folding table but I remembered I actually have a small drop leaf in the garage that needs some work, so I am hoping to use that.
Crazy me started last night at 12 when all went to bed!
Do you do that too?
Sometimes it's the only peaceful moments I can find.

These candles are the flameless ones I picked up at dollar tree and when I tried peeling the labels off the didn't completely come off so I wrapped them in leaves and twine!!




Moved a few things from the entry,

 and pulled some out of the China closet for the buffet decor.


I will use these things. the soup tureen will hold the stuffing, chicken holds the butter..

And how do you like my little white leaf plate? I just picked that up out junkin!! I love it and wish I'd have gotten the other. There were two.


I added a few more old Ball  and Atlas jars to my corner cabinet this week.



 I think I may need a whole shelf going across the ding room wall just under the molding,
 if I don't stop buying them!! It's an addiction.
I just couldn't resist adding a few sand dollars and starfish
Just a few more tweeks

Got all the food this morning, and making coleslaw tonight.
I got all the extra chairs up from the basement, and added a folding table so we can seat 10 or 11
Moved things around again.
 I guess I should really consider painting the wood chairs white!!
What do you think?

Oh gees... I still I have to get my Turkey platter up from the basement!!

My favorite tweek is the addition of my daughter, Mary's 24 pink roses,

 her honey bought them for their 2 yr anniversary of dating. One rose for each month. Isn't that so sweet?
and what a joy to put them in my Mom's old ironstone pitcher from the early 1900's that Mom found in my grandmom's attic, it came with the house.




I'm excited for Thanksgiving Dinner!! It's our first Thanksgiving in our new kitchen, we started the kitchen in January!!
If you stayed this long, I hope I havent' bored you with my rambling on!!


 Thank you for stopping by my blog. Happy Turkey Day!
It's time to set up those dishes...



Some fun linkies parties:
Metamorphisis Monday @ Susan's
Primp your stuff Wednesdays
White Wednesdays
Wow us Wednesday
Whatever Wednesdays
Good Life Wednesdays
Share the Love Wednesday @ Very Merry Vintage Style
Transformation Thursdays
Feathered Nest Fridays  
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Farmhouse Friday

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great job! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love the pillar candles with leaves wrapped around. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collections are lovely, I just started with a few Ball jars, I used for my table setting this week. We have the same tureen, however mine's missing the lid, so often I fill it with flowers or fruit.
    Your home is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely collections. Your home looks all set for Thanksgiving... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)