Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

I am trying to figure out which tablecloth I will use on my Dining table.
These are my choices,

  1. A grey and brown leaf design Damask Tablecloth, which looks great with my Thanksgiving plates. 


.
  • A plaid pumpkin and leaf design
  • A multicolor fall leaves design

The first 2 I have had for years and use mostly every year. The multicolored leaf design is new from Home Goods and I really love the vibrant color.



As I pull out some other accessories I will make up my mind. I have a nice set of amber glass fostoria candlesticks that I like to use at the Holidays.





And I have a pretty fruit decorated box that I've had a few years, I'd like to pear up with that multi colored leaf cloth. But I will get to that latter. For now I will concentrate on the dining table.
I think I will go with the pumpkin cloth. And use some of my old vintage bottles.



 that hubbo dug up years ago when he dug holes in the street for a living
 fixing people's plumbing lines in the great  old city of Brotherly Love!
I've had this collection of vintage bottles for years. I keep most of them on display in 2 small cabinets that I got a very long time ago. Once it was filled and I had about 6 more with no where to put them, I ended my collection, Didn't want it to get out of hand.


I can show you more of them at another time, so back to the table.
I love, love, love this bowl, filled with pumpkin gourds and pine cones, but I will actually empty the decorations out on thanksgiving to use this for the mash potatoes!!


I like how it is starting to look


Should I put leaves in the vintage bottles?

Decisions.. Decisions!






I will leave it for now, for tonight and for the weekend.
A sign we are getting prepared.

But the bottles will have to go back in their cubbies on Thankgiving Day.. there won't be room for them.
And once I put my extension in my table, I will change the setting to the brown and grey cloth that goes so nicely with my plates! Because this cloth isn't long enough!


But tonight was fun! And the dining room looks festive.
So if I find the time, I will be back the day before thanksgiving or sooner, with the longer table setting, my damask tablecloth and my plates! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh I dressed the kitchen up today too. That was easy peasy, 




Because we always have a full bowl of fruit around the house. it went so nicely with my new
 Home Goods cloth
And my little leaf candle in the corner!




If you like table settings, please visit with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
I finished this post late but I am heading there now!
She is hosting a fabulous Mikassa giveaway!
And some wonderful Friday linkies..


Vintage Inspiration Friday

The Shabby Nest
Because my bottles are nifty and thrifty I will be showing them at Linda's Coastal Charm
Nifty Thrifty tuesday




Thanks so much for stopping by! I really hope you enjoyed your visit.
I'd love it if you post a comment!

10 comments:

  1. Those bottles looks so pretty in the cabinet. Thanks for leaving the sweet comment yesterday. Happy Friday!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tables look great, whichever tablecloth you use...I love the addition of the old tonic/medicine bottles. Oh, and the little cupboard is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, loving all the parts of your collection. The brown and grey color combo is very classy, do like that and for your question about the leaves in the bottle, why not cluster the bottles with leaves casually strew around and under them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bottles are such a fun collection and look great on the table. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old bottles. They would be very pretty mixed on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great old bottles. I love the thought of using them on a table...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so warm and cozy. love that pumpkin tablecloth. The bottles are a wonderful collection and the amber glass candlesticks are perfect for Thanksgiving!!
    Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous holiday table friend!! Thanks for sharing, I'm visiting from Common Ground & I love your blog!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun to play with the options...thank you for sharing your charming designs. Happy Thanksgiving! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great bottle colletion...that was really collected with work! :) Thanks for entering my giveaway and visiting my blog. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving. ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)