Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Winter White at the Cottage Beach House

Winter always makes me a little sad to say good bye to the warm and gorgeous sunshine....but.. it is the time I like to bring about a few changes that reflect the winter white wonderland that is to come. One of those changes is my dining room hutch at the shore cottage.
These lighthouse plates  have to get switched out with some great new finds from the local thrift, mostly all in white. A few splashes of color here and there.

 This great old hutch came with the house but didn't exactly match my vision, as it was all very dark wood.
Me and the kiddies who were really small then got out the sandpaper and went to town with the antique white paint . Sorry no pics of the dark brown that was way before my blogging days. It was a 3 day chore.   Sand , sand, and sand some more. then prime, then paint. In the end   I was happy to get it done and add my plates.
I still want to find the time to give the original hardware on the bottom a nickle finish!
Someday...








But  for now I need a simple change. So I thought I would add some pretty white dishes and this cute little fish platter I was so happy to find. It says made in Italy on the back.


 I love the Italian pottery.
 It is always so charming.
Perfect for the shore, and
 Perfect for bringing steaks in off the grill... ahhh gee... my minds back in summer again...
I picked this beauty up for 6 bucks. 
Lovely Italian ceramic platter.
Good golly it costs me that much last year for a couple of plastic ones!!
I love how this one fits with the Seaside cottage!





The next bunch of lovelies I found to add to my winter white theme were a couple of much needed bowls, for noodles or mash potatoes or a big veggie dish. I just adore these! The one has a pressed milk glass persona and the other one even has a lid!!!
Score!!



Another wonderful find because I love enamel ware when it is chip free, and this is so usefull! 
who doesn't need a strainer?

Now I have so many lovely white things for my hutch I get to play around with the arrangements.

And I can't forget to show you my Fireking GlassBake  Milk glass fish platter in perfect condition that
 I got for only 3 bucks!
They are from 1957 and retail for about 25.00 on dealer sites.
Another Score!

So that is the tale of the Winter White Hutch at the Cottage Beach House!

The long and the short of it!


I found these previously thrifting too. An adorable creamer and sugar. who could resist?
The little white platter they are sitting on came with the seashore cottage, back in 2002.
I love it and use it all the time for meats and stuff. There are 2, one is a bit larger!

On me counter for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful hutch and china. Love your fish platter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful paint job on the hutch. You found some real steals, too! I especially love that milk glass fish platter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great whites, I change out my cupboard with the seasons as well.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hutch and lovely changes (though I also love the before, so you can't go wrong!)

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog
    I'm off to read more of your pretty posts
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see how it would brighten things up-wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Whites!
    Happy Thursday!
    Tammy :-)
    JUNK WILD

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many gorgeous finds, great whites:))
    Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there~ love your white treasures and your hutch! It is so charming~thank you for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday!! :) Hope you will come back over soon and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)