Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vintage Bottle for Dish Detergent

Here's a sweet and simple idea. I'm not claiming this to be my idea, because I first saw this concept with an old wine bottle on another bloggers site. I can not for the life of me remember who.
 An old bottle to hold your dish soap by the sink!
But in my mind it segued from old wine bottle to one of my vintage bottles laying around the house.





These pics are at my beach house down the shore, and I've done it in my kitchen back home too.
Doesn't it look pretty next to my jug full of beach glass?


It gives a very useful purpose to any  bottle you choose and it looks so much prettier, than ....a plastic bottle of Dawn, or whatever you use.
I used to try to just keep the plastic container under the sink, but someone would always use it and leave it out.

I got this cute little jug out thrifting one day, and fell in love with it, because it has a little ship etched into the glass. I wonder what it was used for or how old it is.

I filled it with beach glass.

I have a collection of vintage bottles that my husband used to find while digging up the streets of Philadelphia. I just recently picked up a few more, on a ride down the shore, to add to my newly renovated kitchen. You can read about that renovation here. I like to decorate my new kitchen with vintage aqua bottles, because it goes so sweetly with the backsplash, which is recycled glass in a soft green beach glass hue. I posted some of those old bottles on my kitchen window sill in a previous post, which you can see here.

If you know anyone who uses this idea of dish soap in a vintage bottle link it up in the comments so I can go check it out. Maybe I will find the blogger with the wine bottle that originally gave me the idea.
Thanks for stopping by!
Eileen


come join the party fun


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the colors. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using a vintage bottle! I use a bathroom lotion container. I have to buy them often because the spout gets eatten away by the detergent. I did take a bottle and put Christmas lights in it and made a pretty display. I have lots of bottles....thank you.I enjoyed your kitchen renovation too! It turned out beautiful!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! I love using containers for things other than what they are meant for..great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello--just stumbled across your blog and entry about bottle. It is a syrup bottle and came with a plastic lid. I know because i still have mine. It was probably a major brand that I don't remember but I've had it since my kids were little and they 47/48. Emmy Bea in California

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)