Monday, November 21, 2011

Vintage and Pumpkins and Lace, Oh My

I recently opened a booth at the North End Antiques and collectibles in Cape May NJ.
I love crossing over the bridge into Cape May and seeing all the boats!
 I also love the colors that the beach grasses change to this time of year!


I know I have to hunker down at home and get myself ready for Thanksgiving Day,
 and I will really get on the ball  tomorow... 

After all, pumpkin pies must be made for this little cutie pie.. my grand daughter.


But I have to tell you, I have really been enjoying setting up my little shop down on the Cape.
 I especially love the shore when it is quiet.

I did a redo on this old desk with some Annie Sloan paint. I love how easy it distresses.





It used to look like this....
back to the finished product,... quick.


And this cute little french vanity below got a coat of one of my favorite white paints by Behr, Cottage White.
 I slightly distressed the edges.


Sorry these aren't the best pics. It was rainy and dark out that day.
That little vanity's look before I slapped it senseless with some cottage white ..

She is much better now,
but I do want to pair it with a small mirror. and I recently found the perfect one to work on. You can see the one in my booth is too large for her.
Peek to the right and you will see a pair of vintage barkcloth drapes from the forties in the background,
these were always a favorite romantic shabby pair of drapes,
 and some
gorgeous vintage French lace which fits nicely on a twin bed.
I hope you'll follow me as I have fun in this new adventure.
Here's wishing everyone in blogville have a healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!!



Thanks a million for stopping by!

Partying with these lovely ladies..


2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your new adventure. The desk looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your booth...and the shore too...everything in your booth is beautiful and what a wonderful place to be able to show your work...enjoy it...so envious!!...lol..
    Mariaelena, www.cottagelivingfrombeachtoburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)