Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving is coming quick

I can hardly believe it is nearly time for the big Turkey Day. This is the time of year I pull out the crystal and silver. I love the reflective quality.

I am wondering what all my blog friends will be doing Thanksgiving Day.

 Cooking at your place or visiting?




I always have thanksgiving at my house. Do you have any traditions? We have a few.
I ask everyone to say what they are thankful for this past year.
My husband always says " I'm thankful dinner is finally done!"
I usually take the more serious route and express my thanks for my entire family's health this past year.
That truly is a big blessing.
I am happy to say that this little white milk glass turkey, I recently found, which is exactly like one my mom used to have, will be joining our Thanksgiving table this year, holding the butter.

Isn't it the cutest? I adore it.
A few little touches around with fall Decor and we are ready for that big cooking day.

Maybe some leaves brought in from the cold...

Some splashes of pumpkin colors in my cottage white hutch.



And the table awaits it's plates and guests.

I won't actually set my table till the day before thanksgiving because we use it everyday!! ;o)

Sharing at:
White Wednesday
No Minimalists Here
Good Life Wednesday
Feathered Nest Friday
Vintage inspiration Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Funky Junk Interiors

3 comments:

  1. That turkey is quite a find. I love the little orange touches and that white pumpkin is beautiful. I'll be cooking at home but only for our immediate family of 5. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty pics of your home. It looks as though your Thanksgiving dinner will be warm and welcoming.
    Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the canning jar with the acorns.With our terrible Texas drought, we did not have any acorns this year and I never thought I would miss the acorns, but would have loved to have some this year to decorate with. I am a new blogger and hope you will drop in to visit Timeless Treasures. Thanksgiving Blessings. Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)