I'm starting to make my little Christmas crafts, and wanted to share my Christmas Lantern with you. It's real simple to make. You can use them as a decor item on your mantle, window, or front porch, or give them as a gift.
- start with a simple mason jar
- add silver bells or pine cones
- tie a little piece of silver ribbon, into a bow around the jar
- add a couple jingle bells for embellishment
- insert a tea light candle, you can use the little battery operated ones so you can put the lid back on the jar.
- Tie a bit of wire around the top to create a handle by twisting the sides
- Turn on your candle and put the lid on. (If using a real tea light candle, leave lid off)
The little tea light that I used actually have their own internal timer and they go on for 5 hours and off for 19 hrs. they vary colors, from white to red, to green to blue. I picked them up at Home Depot.
You can also just get them in just white, and set them all in a row. Hang them from a flower pot holder.
Wishing everyone a peaceful and beautiful Holiday season.
Funky Junk Interiors
Christmas Inspiration party
The girl Creative
Crafty Lassie Tuesday