It makes a nice window display.
You will need these items.
- poster board
- knife or scissors
- coffee filters (4 for each rose)
- green frog tape
- red food dye
- a bowl to hold roses as they dry
1. Cut a heart out of poster board. I like to use a bowl to form the top portion and cut with an exacto knife or scissors.
2. Fold 2 filters in half, then in quarter, then in 1/8th
and Cut 2 different size petals out of four filters
4.Start to curl the small cuts in on an angle, from the center of the filter
separating the filters, a little with your finger as you go, and keeping tight at the bottom center point.
5. Curl the larger cuts in around the small ones the same way.
7. Push down on the petals a bit with your finger to bend and make more realistic
8. Mix a few drops of red food dye into a glass of water and paint a little on to each petal, separate and bend petals a little more
9. Let dry sitting up... I place them in slits cut in aluminum foil covered bowl
10. Bend your frog taped end a little, and glue with hot glue gun and press to poster board.
11. Rim the entire edge of the heart with the roses you painted with red food dye and water.
12. For the interior I simply pinched white filters and glued them down one by one
And this is the end result.
Mine is currently decorating a window in the North End antique mall in Cape May NJ
I am going to have to get busy and make another for my front door!
Show and Tell Friday