Saturday, February 26, 2011

A simple Beadboard Shelf - the perfect spot

On a weekend hunt of some antique shops and vintage shops in Pennsylvania with my adorable sister some years back, I spotted this adorable wall shelf ...

Right there, I decided it was coming home with me for my cottage at the beach. It was such a luscious soft grren, it had my heart.... It still does all these years later.
If it is blue, white or green I usually know it will fit in.
 All it takes is changing things up, and I like to do that. Besides I had a spot between 2 windows that was calling out for something other than a blank wall. I just hadn't found that something...until now.
So I plopped it in my car and hung it up in that empty spot and dressed it up with some beachy things from around the cottage. An old shell frame from a friend years ago, a candle holder from my daughter and talk about a bargain... that lighthouse plate was a dollar store find!


 It's got all the blues and greens that I love.

I love the little holes and dings it has in the beadboard it was made with.

And it's fun to switch up the accessorries a little. One of my favs is my depression glass candy dish.

Or the vase we fill with black scallop shells we find on the shore.



I found the "Cottage" sign at Home Goods. cute isn't it?  I have a love affair with that store.

Overall it's a really happy fit with all the blues and greens in my cottage.

Joining the Thrifty Decor Party @ http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Your little shelf is darling. Absoultely LOVE your depression glass candy jar!!!
    -emily
    www.nestnestingnested.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just gorgeous! And I love the lighthouse plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Lucky you -- having a beach house -- one of my life's dreams. Ahhh, someday...

    Love your little shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having your favorite things all together on a great shelf is wonderful. I have mine on a window sill in my kitchen. Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing me to all your blogger friends.
    We had our first warm beach day at tybee island. we rode our bikes ..fast as the wind...on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely over that chest! I love when I find just the right thing for an empty space. Love that depression glass candy dish! So bright and fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)