Monday, January 16, 2012

Project #4 Sisal Rope Vase

This was a real simple project I did while watching tv.




I was inspired by the item below, I spotted at Home Goods (again)
The minute I saw it I said to myself, " yep I can do that" "Already have everything I need!"
My only regret is not taking more, bigger, better, Inspiration pics with my iphone,
 while waltzing around the store.  It had a big plume of natural elements in it, but I already had them too in another vase at home.

 I actually went back the next day to get a clock I loved, and thought about taking another picture but the vase was gone!

HOME GOODS VASE

MY REPLICA
 A bit of tweeking and I settled on this arrangement



It was a simple craft done while watching NCSI, with my sisal rope, glue gun and an old ftd vase, that was actually in our donation box in the garage.

 ..and this is what I formed.

I like the shape of mine better than the one I saw at Home Goods, and I made sure this baby will not be unraveling!

A nice touch of coastal decor.
You like?

Partying with these wonderful gals
Creative Me Monday
Making Monday Marvelous #89
Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a simple way to make a big impact. It looks beautiful!

    maxwellhouseinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I think it will look great on my porch too! I'm your newest friend! Drop by for a visit soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I really like the one you did much better than the original.
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and it looks amazing..easy project which is quick but so effective. Visiting via Between Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just come across your lovely blog and I'm adore your beach cottage style! I'm you newest follower and can't wait to have a better look around :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea for all those ugly vases...So glad I found your blog so I can follow you around...not stalk, just follow...Stop by anytime, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Love it :)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great. I love how simple it is to make too. I have a million of those ftd vases hanging around the house and this is a great way to transform them.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)