Sunday, May 20, 2012

My new Pink Rose Bush

I just planted a new rose bush in the little garden at the beach house.
 There is a big storm brewing and it's super windy so I am really hoping she doesn't get battered. The beach is just beyond that seawall and it is blowing sand like crazy!
It is so windy I could even go out there to take my pictures, I had to stand in the back door way!
So I cropped and zoomed, to show you this tiny little bush only 2 feet high. I'm sorry it's not a perfect picture. It's a very windy day!

..........But come inside and I can show you these pretty little roses.
After planting, I picked a few of the roses yesterday that were beginning to fade.








I heard that when you cut roses, if you cut down to the leaf that has 5 leaves it will flourish best.
Does anyone know if that is true?


Thanks for stopping by the Cottage!


Joining the
 Pink Saturday Party


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think that you prune to the five-leaf so cutting them at that point should be good. The wind was really ripping in Barnegat this morning before we left. Couldn't get on the bikes this weekend :( Hope your rose flourishes and brings you many smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very interesting about cutting roses to the leaf with 5 leaves, will have to try that. Your roses are very pretty! I've been cutting all mine, so I can enjoy them inside, too!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a Knockout Rose?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)