Thursday, March 22, 2012

Project 17 A night stand gets Beachified

Once again I am at the Florida house working on projects. I really wish I could stay longer, but i also have tons of stuff to get done back in Jersey.
So the first week was a vacation, hanging out with my kids. Now it's down to work. I decided to tackle the small courtyard in front of the house. But that will take alot more time.


 So today I have a teeny tiny project. A nightstand makeover.
This simple nightstand had no character.

What it had was good structure, so it seemed like a viable candidate for beachification.

I thought I would give it a nice coat of whitewash and get her looking like some driftwood.

So without further ado here she is.

I just could not get those little white plastic pegs out. See them on top? Anyone know how?
 I couldn't budge them with a plyers.
Anywho, she looks a bit more refreshed in white don't you agree?
i like her beachy look.


 It is also time for the adventures of Picky and Pickier to begin. 
My sis ( who is Pickier) is coming over  from the East coast of Florida, and we will go on a thrifting adventure up and down Tamiami trail.
Stay tuned!

Update on the nite stand, I listened to Bliss and turned it around so the pretty side was more visible.

 And clustered some shells around the plastic things that I can't pry out.


I like how it resembles an old storage crate this way. The inside can still be accessed for remotes and books!
Vintage Inspiration Fridays
Feathered Nest Friday

7 comments:

  1. I like it and I might even turn it the other way so the side that looks like beach shutters is the face. As far as the pegs if you can't get them out by laying a sharp knife flush and sawing them down, then how about making them a peg to hang like a shell on some ribbon or something of of?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen @ cottage beach houseMarch 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM

    Bliss I love both those ideas and think I will implement them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Eileen, you clever thing! :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is lovely!

    Happy day, happy spring, happy happy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is lovely!

    Happy day, happy spring, happy happy everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)