Monday, February 13, 2017

Shabbying up the Living Room

The time had come to do a little something more inviting to one of my shore rental units. So today I got busy with it.
Sometimes when people rent it, they move furniture around to their liking and take paintings off the wall to replace with stuff they like for the summer season.
It has been looking a little thread bare lately so I decided to set out and gather all things soft, fluffy, shabby, white and lacy, and put myself to work! 
So first up are the before pics...
BEFORE


This area below is the first thing I am getting started on!
BEFORE



And little by little, I brought on the "Shabby" Vintage Cottage look.

AFTER


By moving furniture to a different arrangement, adding a vintage urn, some fluffy pillows, and a big white fluffy throw rug, I have created an inviting spot that draws you in.


The addition of a shaggy white rug, some vintage linens, pillows and a throw, complete the cozy comfy effect I was looking for.

The best part is, all of these items were around either my cottage beach house, or at the rental, in a closet or tucked into the shed. Even the lamps were hiding in a closet!

This transformation didn't cost one red cent!


I think it is fun to see what you can do to create a vision with just a little imagination!



I am more than pleased with how it looks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)