Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Christmas Mantel 2011

Today I finally got my Christmas mantel together. Yippee Skippee I am so excited!

I was inspired by a picture in Southern Living magazine. 

Southern Living Mag


I had fun gathering stuff I had already to create my version. I made these stockings from dropcloth and vintage lace, I picked up in Cape May, NJ

Some fluffy white snow

A bit of white tulle fabric with silver stars.

Filled the top with greens picked from the yard and white decorations I normally stick in the tree, silver balls and pine cones.
 Love the fluffy white and silver.

 And although I don't have access to paper whites, like the magazine shot, I love how mine turned out.
The Southern Living shot, top left.

My Mantel, top left..



These little pails are the only thing I didn't already have in the house, and I found them at target for 1 dollar each. So I spent 4 bucks.
I have a deep dark desire to paint my entire mantel white, but no time this year, so when I found a picture I loved of a wood mantel I made a note of it, and planned on doing something as similar as possible.



The bottom area on the left in Southern Living Mag..
and my version..
I was going to wrap a real gift with some brown paper but I couldn't resist these cute bags at Target, I know I will use for $ 1.00

My final version after a few tweeks. I like the addition of the large jingle bells.

 I moved some of the bottom items to something a bit more agreeable for us.


I will probably change the center to a manger scene in a few days. 
I have a great old pure white manger scene from avon that my mom bought me many years ago and I traditionally always use that.  Unless I decide to go elsewhere with it.
This one will do until I get to more boxes in the basement though.

So this is my christmas mantel for 2011


And this is the Inspiration Photo

Well, I don't have those wonderful built ins next to my fireplace, but I used what I had.

I am participating in the Holiday Copy Cat challenge 
there's a party all week long 









Lot's of great parties I will be joining:
Met Monday
Show off your cottage
Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Mantel Link Party 
White Wendesday

17 comments:

  1. Great job. I love the little silver colored buckets. What a deal. I am partial to the fluffy snow,cause we never see snow. The additional of the bells put you over the top. Way better than the inspiration. Kudos! Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, it's total dreaminess!!! I adore the white--it's gorgeous!!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came out great! Love your interpretation of the images. Love the fluffy snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comments on my copy cat makeover.
    I love how yours turned out. The white, silver, and green is gorgeous.
    I'm your newest follower.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel looks great! Love your silver snow combo! I hope we get to see your white Nativity scene.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mantle looks so pretty, I love the inspiration pic. You did a great job with your copy cat. Cape May is one of my favorite places to visit, I love those Victorian houses. It's always so fun to run into another Jersey girl. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen, you did a great job! I love the fluffy snow with the silver! Great copycat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that inspiration photo! You did a great job recreating it on your own too. I love the romantic feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning, Eileen! Oh, I love your version of the copy cat and love your 'snow' much better! So sparkly and festive. The silver just screams "we're beautiful"! :)
    thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty -- it has a very dreamy quality...

    I am still trying to figure out what to do with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty. You did a great copy cat for sure, with your own fun twist. Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous copy cat! I am linking from Debbiedoos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! You did an amazing job on your copycat mantel! The white is elegant and timeless! Love it! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mantel copycat inspiration. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your version of the mantel - just gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by and I am happy to hear you got a laugh from my "light comment"! Have a nice weekend!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)