Saturday, December 10, 2011

White Christmas Dining Room

I am making it simple for myself this year and keeping my Christmas easy peasy.

A pretty all white wreath that I made hangs by the door,




I'm bringing out the hand  crochet tablecloth that I love. It reminds me of snowflakes.




Our dog Duke decided to help with the decorating this year. He came hoping in the back door dragging this big old wintry branch with him. (How he got it in without breaking it,  I can't figure!) but as I picked it up to throw it away, ( grumbling at him and the mess he was making for me) I took a second look at what the dog had just dragged in. ...It rather resembled some branches I'd seen around for sale in the home Decor stores that I liked. .....I really liked it. And I knew the perfect spot for it.

with some book page angels added

Silver balls, little brush tree and greens from the yard. Thanks Duke for the inspiration!


And a vintage  book that says KING to honor Christ

The table gets my frosty vintage bottle dressed in greens


 It's a  simple centerpiece that will leave plenty of room for the Christmas feast.


To create a tiny village, the corner cabinet is getting my mom's biscuit jar 
Which I accidently dropped the lid and broke in my 20's
 and I remember mom and I glueing it back together!
I've added a few dollar store houses and figures to it to create a little town.



So that's pretty much it for my Dining Room this Christmas, I might add some white lights that's all.

I'll be joining some fun linky parties this weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Love the branch, that Duke drug in, all decked out with the bookpage angels. Love the table too. The crocheted doily is beautiful
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful white decor. Love the grouping of the aqua bottles. Your room is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've simplified this year too. I love your pretty white color scheme - the crocheted tablecloth is so beautiful. I'm your newest follower and I hope you get a chance to pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet notes about my Yellow Snow Kitchen!

    I LOVE all your Christmas touches, especially your color scheme! Perfect!

    8 bloggers are hosting a Blog around the Christmas Tree Party and today's feature is Christmas Scapes! I'd love to have you join up, the party is just beginning!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2011/12/christmas-blog-link-party-christmas.html

    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    PS I'm your newest follower and would love to have you return the "love" on your next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful home. I love the book page angels!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)