Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Decor Ideas

I added a few new elements to the Christmas decor today. Decided to add a small tree to the family room, that's where I watch TV at night, so I can see it's twinkle all the time.  The big tree is in the living room, I only get to admire it when I am passing by. So I added this little one to the table with the Nativity.




I dressed it all in white with just a few of my book page angels.
which I posted how I make here
We have a white/ snowflake theme going on around the house this year, with lots of puffy white snow as a backdrop for just about everything, so when 
 I found some of those big white snowflakes I've been seeing around blogland,  I couldn't resist adding a few to my windows for a wintry feel, in the dining room,



I love the golden glow outside on the bare tree branches today!

And more snow drops in the family room

And a few vintage additions
In the family room on an old basement window I found at the curb years ago with all broken glass.
.I had the busted glass replaced with mirrors,  attached a shelf and distressed painted it all at least 10 years ago. It is still one of my favorite wall pieces in my house. 
I love the old original locking hooks.
I usually have a few pictures on it and some roses garland but of course it has to get dressed for Christmas.


And on the dining buffet I added a couple little old cream cheese crates.
 I almost passed this little crate below by, because I didn't like the area where someone once almost painted it green, but I decided it was coming home with me anyway, at such a great price...
3 dollars!! I've learned to accept it's imperfection.
What struck me about these 3 crates is they all have different brand names, and it really surprised me because I thought Philadelphia brand Cream Cheese was the only one that made cream cheese!

I think they will add some nice vintage charm to my kitchen even after the Holidays, don't you?

And just a dab more bling in the family room, with some branches cut from the bottom of our real tree, , added to a shiny urn.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
............well.... besides summer time!


Sunday Scoop
Sunday Blog Love
White Wendesday

11 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful but I especially love your mirrored window and those cream cheese boxes are so whimisical! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many adorable touches. I love the vintage boxes with the mini trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all lovely. I especially like the mirrored window and the old cream cheese boxes.
    Warm Christmas wishes to you.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your little cream cheese crates - SO charming!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful decorations! I love the Angels you made. The window mirror shelf is really cool. I adore your cream cheese boxes. The snowflakes look very pretty in your window.

    Merry Christmas!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks great! I especially the old basement window and cheese crates!! Thanks for sharing:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little tree. I think I'm going to skip the big tree next year and just do a small one on my repurposed library table. Your book page angel is so pretty and I LOVE your salvaged window/mirror. It's stunning. Have a merry Christmas!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish too celebrate Christmas with such zest and fervor.You are really innovative and i am sure you must have put in a lot of hardwork.I will hopefully next year follow your suit and celebrate the Christmas in its true spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Eileen! Love the little white bottle brush trees. Have a Happy New Year!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these decoration ideas and try to use one of them next time.Keep updating this blog and send updates regularly.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)