Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Pleasures of the Sea

Thursday, July 29, 2010

There are always times when I relish the bussyness and the lovely summer colors that come with the activity of tourist season.
Here is one such moment. It remains one of my favorites.


I was just puttering around cleaning up in my sunroom and this came upon my view.
There were 2 sailboats, just off the coast.



 The great pleasure in this was a feeling of being at the beach, without even leaving home.
I watched as they glided on the surf.


I would have missed this 2 years ago, before I had the sunroom built.
Where the sunroom is, used to be a old cricketty deck that was too hot to go sit on, because the sun beat on it all day.
I would not have seen such a sight because I would never spend much time on the deck. Even though it had a great view and I wanted to, it was just too, too hot!
Now I am so glad I decided to have it built. Now I enjoy it so much, it serves as a whole other room for the family,and has served as a sort of family room on the second floor. It is just off my bedroom, and even sleeps people when everyone comes down together! 
This is the whole sunroom on a cloudy day. Later I will post some ideas I've used to decorate it.
That little starfish on the top right corner is what I used to make my signature below, tell me if you like it.




I've linked up with Amy's Finer things in Life


    Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I would love to have a place like this! Enjoy!!!

    ~Eyvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, girl...this is awesome...We gotta get you into MUCH larger photos for your pretty blog. You have so many great pictures to share...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in Tennesse and being a Jersey Girl, this site of yours and your wonderful cottage brought many memories back. It is adorable and you are very fortunate in finding it.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)