So I thought I would start a little series on what we find. You know sort of to chronicle our times out, hunting, thrifting, junkin, antiquing.
We've named ourselves "Picky" and "Pickier"
Like a cross between "Dumb and Dumber " and "The Pickers"
And because it is always an adventure going anywhere with my sis,
( you never know how much laughing we will do)
(Or raggin about our DHs)
Isn't it funny how sometimes when the hub is on your good side, DH stands for Darling Husband.
On your bad side, well... we all know what DH stands for then!
So back to The Junkin Adventure...Have you found anything great out there lately?
Picky.. that's me... I found some really great linens this time out.
- A lovely piece of old lace ...5 yards of it, in Cape May
- A very nicely done lace bedskirt in a full size
- And a fine Cozy Cottage Hand Embroidered Vintage tablecloth with pink blossoms.
And Pickier... that's my sis.. (pronounced picky-er) or ...pick- e-air if you prefer French :0)
- Found some great pieces of pottery. We both like this color blue, but didn't fight over them.
Such a beautiful urn isn't it?
- These cute little tea towels
- This great pine shelf that will get a nice coat of paint.
It has a plate rack on each shelf.
- And these pretty little blue glass dishes.
That, and our newest obsession... Zumba. Wow is that fun! Have you tried it yet? What a great workout.
I am actually looking forward to my work outs now! A bit more fun than just walking.
We're making up for lost time when we were raising our kiddos we didn't get to hang out much together. We didn't live that close and you know how little ones always have schedules, and soccer, and baseball, and just stuff. But now down the shore, we are just a couple blocks from each other.
Do you have a sister that you don't get to see much? Or are you lucky enough to hang out all the time?
Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to join these parties.
Show and Tell Friday!