Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Magic Mike" to the rescue for a Pirate's Grad Party


And this entire area will get a set decoration via moi.
These chairs need a makeover.


They are in Ok condition.


I just need a change. I want them to look fresh.

 Maybe a cabanna look.
 I want them a little more like this inspiration picture below from Diane Keaton's back yard in the movie " Something's Gotta Give"  OMG I love this.

So I've been busy at my sewing machine all week, nothin like an upcoming event to get my butt in gear.
That'll do it everytime!!
While Magic Mike has been sprucing up the yard, power washing and planting some flowers.
( Can't you just envision him out there with his power washer, knockin everything over and splattering dirt all over the windows.??  ; 0) ....And setting up some tents.
Nahh seriously... this kid is the best thing ever happened to this family. (Outside all of us , of course)


We had to order extra chairs from a rental place for the big party. But were able to borrow the tables and the tents. which saved us about 300 as compared to last years grad party.
Wheeehhh! this is my last one.. my youngest.


------------------------------Fast forward to June 25th.. all is ready and I am excited. I just have to go get the ingredients for the bahama mamas and mojitos... yippee.

I made envelope covers for the chairs. i couldn't find the outdoor fabric that I wanted, so I used a shower curtain fabric. We'll see how that holds up.
I also used drop cloth material for the lounges because I wanted them to have that nubby and neutral look.
They should do ok outside as long as we get lots of sun. If we get too much rain, then, I think they won't do so good... and I am still on the look out for the perfect outdoor fabric for this project but for now this will have to do.
Viola....


They ain't perfect but they're cozy and fresh and I love the aqua. I  found those big fluffy Tommy Bahama pillows at my Home Goods which I couldn't pass up, for the loungers. I love their pretty cabana stripe. Those big pillows were just the look I was searching for. I love to shop at Home Goods and by the way Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is having a giveaway of a Home Goods Gift card.
I made the little throw pillows to match the chair fabric.

And the rest of the yard is ready for a partayy!!  My son Matt bought me the pretty planter on the wall last year for my birthday.( That is also a Home Goods item ) and my son Ed bought me the cute aqua wind chime 2 years ago for my birthday. (free from it's winter prison in the shed)




The cute little white table was a "found" item (rescued). 
Old chewed up pine, some doggie took a liking to....and the owner tossed.
 my thrifty soul saw a treasure.
 I quick spray painted it white cause I wanted a place for my little mexican clay pieces, and mojitos:)

I guess you can tell this part of my yard has a little mexican theme going on.
It makes me feel like I am on a vaction when I sit out here by the pool.
(Spot any more items out from hibernation?) 



And we are almost ready for the guests! And they don't know it but they are all getting little Pirate hats!
In celebration of the High School's mascot.

You can see in the photo below how we have the pool equipment laying across the width of the pool. that is because ducks kept coming in for a visit which was really cute at first, but let me tell you.. not so cute when they started to poopie in our pool. So the poles laying across helps keep them away. I'm sure with all the party guests those ducks won't be visiting.

Ok I gotta go back in and get the food ready.
Can you believe it ? That bistro set is another Home Goods item. So is the aqua oil lamp on top of it!!
 Gee I swear I'm not a spokewoman for Home Goods, but it is me fav. ( maybe I outta  :))


Now for the Party pictures...



The graduate:


and the cake, was fashioned after my daughter cap which she had decided to decorate for graduation .
The top of her cap:


The Cake:
Darn good likeness heh?
And of course some cupcakes!
The graduate  and the cake artist



The school's sports teams are called the "Pirates" and a big old pirate with a patch is the schools mascot.
so that was the theme of our party.


Funny thing is all the adults had a great time putting on the little pirate hats I found.










 ( Pirates were also the theme last year when my Mary graduated from the same school.)

It was only after all of the other party goers donned the silly hats, could I get the graduating class to go along with my craziness, but all eventually embraced the fun, as you can see by their grins.

I love a good party!!
Don't you?
What a super and memorable day we had!! I had a ball at the party and so did everyone else!

I'm partying again with these lovely woman:

Metamorphisis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

1 comment:

  1. I looooove parties too, so I am so happy for you and your family. It seems so full of life and happiness. Who thought of the theme? I wish I could have joined you guys so you could see my Captain Sparrow costume, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)