Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter flowers and fun in New Jersey

I am back in the New Jersey area to celebrate Easter with the entire family. My kitchen renovation is finally complete and this will be the first Holiday we share in it this year. Thought I might show some of the pretty spring things going on around here.
Fresh daffodils and hyacinths from my garden, with the morning dew. 
Going to link this one to the Live Every Moment Photo challenge

 I can see the dew melting off them as I arrange them. I do love this sort of thing.
The best part is they are all flowers the kids have gotten me over the years at Easter time, planted and returned each year. :))

An old lace tablecloth, I've had for 20 years. It is actually from the 1920's
I love the natural speckles on these organic range free eggs... no need to dye these.

I will dye a few of the white ones though. 
Cause you have to have pastel and pretty, for Easter don't you think?
I love my pastel fenton basket
and just a couple other baskets that I found years ago out thrifting.
My favorite is this pink one. 

Too pretty to even put anything inside!
 The underside of her looks like lace! I've never seen anything this lovely. My absolute fav!



A neat blue glass thrift store find from at least ten years ago filled with some eggs from long ago,  when the kids were little they blew out the egg and painted them in school. 
And 2 avon eggs my mom bought years ago.

It's fun to make the table pretty once in a while, with precious memories from the past.



I really enjoyed 2 things this Easter season.
1. Decorating the new mantle over my stove with flowers from my garden.




2. And I also enjoyed making this door decor out of 3 dollar store hats, 
and some bows and flowers that were laying around
 It was simple and quick... the way I like things...easy.




What did you enjoy most so far about your Easter Holiday?





 Tatertots and Jello

Do it yourself Show off
Photo Feature Friday No. 3
LEM Photo challenge

http://houseinroses.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. I love your flowers! They are beautiful. And your tablecloth! Great job finding the Dollar Store hats too-that's such a creative door decoration.

    Enjoy your Easter!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are lovely! I love your vintage baskets and containers too. I'm thinking the pink and blue hat could be saved to hostess a baby shower or two ;) Charming blog, I'm following now so I don't miss a thing!
    PS, love your kitchen reno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for linking up to my Treasures and Trinkets linky party...I LOVE all your Easter flowers and decor. So pretty! Hope you'll join in each week!
    Happy Easter!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter decorations are lovely...my favorites are the fresh flowers, the "natural" eggs, and your hat door hanging! Everything looks so fresh and pretty.
    Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Your pictures are so adorable--wish I had thought of that Easter Hat idea!! Ok, next year I'm gonna try that. Lovely pictures. Have a great week. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your flowers are so pretty! Your baskets are gorgeous! And the Easter hat door hanging is so adorable! What a great idea. Thank you for joining TTF! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling!! Love your Easter pretties! Thanks so much for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those natural eggs are just beautiful. Love the little speckles. The flowers are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your post at Photo Feature Friday.

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos!! Great blog - glad to have found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty post! My favorite is the creamy white lacy basket with the beautiful roses on the inside!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)