Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life is Good

We took a trip to one of the islands on the Gulf Coast, Boca Grande Florida yesterday. this is one of my favorite beaches. I knew it was going to be a great day when we were pulling out of our driveway. Right there in the middle of our lawn stood a great big white egrit or heron.


Then we had one of our most awesome beach days ever.
The area we went to is full of sea life. We took our snorkles with us. My daughter found these 2 large conch shells in the water about 5 feet deep.

A thrilling find!

They were both empty. Which means you can keep them. If you find one with a live animal in it you must throw it back.



Boca is an awesome place. This is the lighthouse.

The sand is very soft in some places, and all crushed up seashells closer to the water.



There were so many seashells.



And the water is aqua like the Caribbean.



We also saw a manta ray. I was walking with my camera, just taking shots and here comes this dark object in the water. It could have been a dolphin or a shark. They come close here because of the river. this manta was about four feet wide.

A quick shot as he flaps by.

This was one of those very memorable days!
 I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy these wonderful gifts from the sea.

My daughter's found seashells will grace my coffee table now.



I love Life by the Sea


Posting in A beach cottage good life wendesday
and Treasure Hunt Thursdays

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that beach looks gorgeous and pristine! I never find shells like that in California! They look beautiful on your coffee table.

    Thank you for stopping by your blog and for leaving me a sweet comment on my pizza stone table :) I am your newest follower!

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO COOL! Ahhhh...I dream of living at the beach. For now I will live vicariously through your blog. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing trip, looks like Paradise!
    I have a lovely collection of Sea Shells too, and have a favorite bowl full of them. Yours look wonderful! Stopping by via A Beach Cottage to say hello to my "linky neighbor" xxx tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a southern California girl removed to the Plains, I am aching and drooling at this post! Those shell your daughter found are INCREDIBLE. I would just be sitting there for a couple of hours sifting through the shells to find the best ones. Have a great rest of the week! :)
    (Oh, and found you through A Beach Cottage!)

    http://anotherwomack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous beach...love the shells and the water colours!
    thanks for stopping by my blog!
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! Lovely beach finds :) Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such heavenly photos and I can't believe all those seashells - wow! The ones your daughter found are huge. What wonderful memories you'll always have of this day. Hope you're having a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eileen @ Cottage Beach HouseApril 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM

    Thanks so much! We are having so much fun this week. We spent another great day in Siesta Key today. Darn they have some really sugary soft sand and gorgeous water. I will post as soon as I get a chance. Tomorrow is our last day here. We have to fly back to Jersey on Friday. But for now it will be a little Bob Marley music in the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl~ I am soooooo green with envy!!!
    I am moving to Florida in the summer and I cannot wait!!!
    I will be out there the 27th to sign my papers.. YIIPPPEEE!
    your post, your treasures and your home are beautiful!
    Smiles~
    Cricket @ gypsea nurse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cricket you are the luckey one, to be living in Florida full time! Best of luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post ... couldn't live there ... but sure love to visit! The ocean is beautiful and your shell hunting sure paid off. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How incredibly blessed you are to have such a wonderful place on this lovely beach. It takes my breath away!!!
    Love the big shells your daughter found and they look so pretty on your coffee table.
    Thanks for coming to THT.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not capable of view this web site properly on opera I think there's a downside

    Also visit my web blog; tricks to get pregnant

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)