Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The end of our Florida Keys trip ` the Purple Isle"


For "The Florida Keys Song"  while your reading click the video above.

I have to show you the places we stopped on our way back from Key West.

A little Key called Islamorada
The name Islamorada, meaning "purple island", came from early Spanish explorers in the area. Its pronunciation has been Anglicized toaisle-a-more-AH-dah.

You can understand why they named it the "purple island" when you look at the waters.
The waters are full of purple and aqua and blue



 the pool had a gorgeous view

And the morning coffee went down easy with this to look at.

Easy to ignore the roof.


This was a nice little stop with azure waters and soft sand. 


But wayyyy too much noise to get any sleep on a Saturday night.
This place was hoppin.
~~~~~~~
I can't forget about Key Largo


Hop a boat at John Pennakamp Coral Reef State Park and get in some snorkeling.
We enjoyed it
( Florida tourism pic) all others are mine.
.


After that.

We visited The Carribean club where they filmed the movie "Key Largo"






Step inside
 Here is the corner where Bogey sat while the hurricane brewed outside.

If you walk through the bar, you can go outside and watch the sun set.
Of course we did. No hurricane today.
Have a beer, catch the last glimpse of it.
Then we had dinner at a nice place down the road, but I forget the name of it.


So if you are driving through the Florida Keys, the Carribean club is one of the first places you will see in Key Largo, it is on the right side of the road.
Have a beer and sit in Bogey"s seat.
Tell em Eileen and Mary Loiuse sent ya.
Key Largo will be aired Sunday May 1st on TMC


Life is good. I've been blessed.


sharing with "The good life Wendesdays" at Sarah's 
Thank you Sarah for this wonderful party were anyone can post anything!!


Show and Tell wendesday



11 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen, what a wonderful trip and gorgeous photos! Would love to see your collection of bottles some time, thank you for your kind comment and stopping by, xxx tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these pictures! I haven't had a good beach fix for awhile. My Hubby would love sitting in Bogie's chair! I'm visiting from Sarah's party...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos - just heavenly. Happy Good Life Wednesday to you :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine!!! We are moving into Autumn now and I want to stay in Summer. Your photos look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics! So Good Life Wednesday Beach Cottage Style! Thanks for linking up and joining the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I love those shots. Especially the last few. So pretty. I grew up in FL and yet I've never been to the keys! Crazy I know. I'd love to stop in the Caribbean Club and have a beer or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that water is soooo inviting!! Would love to float around in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are gorgeous! Hope to see u at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing your beautiful collection of photos from the Keys it is a wonderful place

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Just popping over from Sarah's Good Life Wednesday. It is lovely to meet you.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey
    Good Life Wednesday #46

    ps. Such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't the Key's just fabulous? We stayed in Isalmorada a few years ago and it was a perfect location to see most of the Keys, although we still didn't have enough time:(

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you read my blog and appreciate all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

speak to me!

I read every one of your comments, and appreciate them so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)